Hey Little Dude,
You are now full term! That means you can come out any time now! I think I am about ready to give you your eviction notice, its time...I'm tired of being huge and uncomfortable. My weight gain is still right on track, but every pound feels like 10 and my feet and legs are done. My joints hurt and I spend a lot of time complaining about how uncomfortable I am, so it will be nice to go back to not complaining all the time!
Two big things for this week: 1-I had my 36 week doctor's appointment and that went well. I'll go into detail about that here in a second. 2-We got the house finished! Well, mostly at least. I still have to purchase a few odd and end things, deep clean the house, and put away things here and there that get pulled out, but for the most part we are settled and done! Pictures are at the end.
So every time I go into the doc my blood pressure is elevated. Its not because I actually have high BP, but because I have anxiety about going to the doctor. This has been the case since I was a really little kid. I know this. When I did my EMT training and was volunteering as an EMT I had my BP taken a plethora of times. It was ALWAYS normal, never high at all. When I was in school at Nova I did my BP a lot...always normal (even though I was stressed to the max). Bottom line is that I DO NOT have high BP. So anyways, I have explained this to every damn doctor I have seen, so 5 I think. I saw the same doctor at Madigan for almost all of my appointments there and she was curious if I had chronic hypertension because all of my tests for everything came back normal. Since she was curious of this she wrote in my chart "chronic HTN??". Like I said before, I do not have chronic HTN. So the next doctor I saw basically said "I see you have chronic HTN, but have never been treated for it"...I explain and she's basically like, oh okay, and had my BP taken again at the end of the appointment...where it was NORMAL. So we move and go to the new hospital here and the first doctor I see asks about it. I have to explain all of this to him, he listens to me and just wants to see what my BP is at the end of the appointment. BP was super high at the very beginning of the appointment, normal afterwards. I don't know how many times I can say "I told you so". I have my 36 week appointment on Wednesday and same issue, BP is super high at the beginning. I straight up told the nurse to just plan to take it afterwards because this ALWAYS happens. The doctor comes in, basically ignores everything I say, and wants to induce me at 39 weeks because of the untreated chronic htn. Ugh...I'm not a moron...maybe listening to your patients could be a good thing. I don't mind though because like I said...I am so done being pregnant. So he put me on the schedule to evict you on October 4, which is not a week early...its only 3 days early. Whatever. The other thing that really irritated me is the way he answered my question about this headache that I have had since I left NC on August 25. Yes, I have had a headache for that long. It will only subside with extra strength Tylenol...3 of them. And the relief only lasts for about 45 minutes and it comes back pretty strong. Obviously I cannot take that much Tylenol every hour...I've been trying to limit it to every 4 hours and alternating it with Mountain Dew. Caffeine is the only other thing that helps...as terrible as it is for you. And of course the only caffeinated drink that I like is Mountain Dew...the worst of them all. So he tells me to control the headache with Tylenol. I ask what I am supposed to do in the 3 hours where the headache is back and I can't take anything. He repeats to control it with Tylenol. OK YOU ASS!! I KNOW TO TAKE TYLENOL!! HOW ABOUT OFFERING ME A REAL SOLUTION NOW?!?! He made me mad, I sure hope he's not the one to deliver you. I repeat, how about try listening to your patients...but...putting me on the schedule allowed my mom and sister to buy plane tickets to come out here so I guess its okay.
Now onto the pictures of the house. Oh...and Chloe learned how to use the doggy door today...its possibly one of the funniest things I've seen.
 |
| Guest Bedroom/Office. Brian ordered the Army flag and a cute Army football onsie that got delivered today |
 |
| Office portion |
 |
| The mirror still needs to be hung and a few more pictures on the wall |
 |
| Guest bathroom |
 |
| Achievement hallway...lol...where our diplomas and his commissioning papers are displayed |
 |
| Baby C's room! |
 |
| decorated letters spelling your name will go above the crib |
 |
| FYI: You like frogs |
 |
| We still have to hang some pictures in here too |
 |
| Back wall of living room...please ignore our 400 pack n plays |
 |
| I've got a cool clock picked out to go above the TV...just need to go get it |
 |
| Dining room/desk that we didn't have room for anywhere else/mini office area |
 |
| Curtain rod is up, we just need to put up the curtain |
 |
| Entry way |
 |
| Laundry room complete with Cat Genie! |
 |
| Master bath |
 |
Master bedroom...complete with KC Monster guarding the pack 'n' play where Baby C will sleep for the first few weeks
...and yes...it has a crib tent to keep kitties out |
 |
| Please excuse the mess |
Well...that's it for now! Hope you like the house!
Love,
Your Mama
The house looks great sweety!! Hope Baby C isn't giving you too much trouble and decides to cook a bit longer :-) One of my coworkers had really high BP at the beginning of all of her appointments and they always take it again at the end because it's so common with pregnant women so it's not just you! Lot's of Love to you and B from DC!!
ReplyDelete-Lindsey