Ok Baby C,
You have clearly not been listening to my pleas to keep your figure nice and trim for your arrival. I was giving you a weight goal of about 7-7.5 lbs...you have already exceeded that and you still have 2 weeks to go.
So, because of the blood pressure issue that I don't have, the doctors wanted to monitor you extra closely. You see, in patients that actually have hypertension, babies tend to not grow as much as they should or they tend to stop growing towards the end of pregnancy. They were worried about you not growing since my White Coat Syndrome has made it look like I have chronic hypertension. I have been going in twice a week for a non-stress test, where they hook me up to two monitors and listen to your heart to make sure everything is ok. That has been going great and I have only had to spend the minimum amount of time there every time I have been in. They also ordered another ultrasound which I had today. The ultrasound tech starts looking at you and asks "why are you here?" I reply with "well...they think I have chronic hypertension, I don't though." She then proceeds to say "usually with hypertension they worry about small babies...not big ones..."
Yes, my dear, you are so large that it was damn near impossible to get a shot of your little/chunky face. They also commented on your potbelly. After the tech was done she sent the doctor in to check out your heart and lungs again, which looked great. The doctor comes in and the first thing she says is "well, your baby doesn't seem to be having any problems getting nurtients with the high BP." I told her that's because I don't have high BP...broken record??? She then tells me that you are about 8lbs4oz (give or take a half a lb). They expect that you will be just over 9lbs if you make it to the 4th. She said that you looked good and ready to come out though, and that you are successfully making your way towards the light at the end of the tunnell.
So, my little fatty cakes, please please please feel free not to make it to 9lbs, you are plenty big and your crib looks oh so cozy.
Oh...and I made them check to make sure you are still a boy...you are.
Love,
Your Mama
Thank you for a good laugh tonight! Baby C don't give your mama too much trouble!! and come meet the rest of us soon!!!
ReplyDeleteLindsey